Why WordPress security is important?
A compromised WordPress site presents a huge problem for your company revenue or brand online reputation. If you run an e-commerce platform it means your revenue will be affected and your brand and positioning will fall. Hacked WordPress instance can lead you to pay a huge amount of money for ransomware, loss of trust, loss of revenue, being ban from Google Search and a long list of consequences.
In this article, we will show you, how you can improve WordPress security by using Gonkar Secure Web Hosting. We will cover just WordPress security if you would like to know more about Gonkar’s security mechanisms you can check this link ☞ What is secure web hosting?
Following steps will help you protect your WordPress installation with Gonkar
1. Go to our WordPress tool kit in your hosting panel
2. Open security settings by clicking on view settings
3. Perform security check with WordPress Tool Kit
4. Apply security patches by choosing the options below
Applying this settings helps to avoid most common WordPress vulnerabilities:
- Malicious PHP code execution that allow hackers to steal your data
- Pingbacks DoS attack Destroying your web
- File/Directory permission misconfiguration kidnapping your e-commerce
With this steps done we have a solid base to protect our WordPress installation at Gonkar.
Beside of the WordPress Toolkit Security configuration, Gonkar offer other security services which are configured by default:
- Web Application Firewall
- Intrusion Detection System
- PHP Hardened Setup
- Anti-Malware Detection
- Anti-DDoS Mitigation
This is the highest level of security that banks and leading companies require.